- Prepare time: 10 min
- Pressure Cook Time: 30 min
- Release Type: Quick
- Ready in: 30-60 min
- Pressure: High
- 1 pound red lentils
- 8 cups Water
- 2 14.5 ounce cans tomatoes salt-free , fire roasted preferred
- 6 ounces tomato paste salt-free
- 10 ounces onion chopped, approximately one large
- 1 pound red bell pepper pureed
- 3 ounces pitted dates approximately 12 Deglet Noor dates
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
Faux Parmesan Recipe
- 1 cup nuts or seeds
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning
Blend the dates, garlic, tomatoes, and red bell peppers in a blender and blend until smooth.
Place all remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot and cook on Manual at high pressure for 10 minutes.
Let pressure release naturally or quick release and enjoy immediately. Served over a baked potato and sprinkled with some faux parmesan, this absolutely rocks!
To Make the Faux Parmesan
In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade or in a blender, combine all ingredients until a powdery texture is achieved. If you like it more chunky, process less.