- Prepare time: 10 min
- Pressure Cook Time: 20 min
- Release Type: Quick
- Ready in: 30-60 min
- Pressure: High
- 10 baby potatoes peeled and cored from the top (save the carved out potato pieces)
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ginger grated
- 2 teaspoon garlic grated
- 2 red tomatoes pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chili powder or any other mild red chili
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 cashews
- 1/4 cup milk warm
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- Cilantro leaves chopped for garnish
Soak cashews in warm milk for 10 minutes and set aside.
Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Once the ‘hot’ sign displays, add ghee. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes with a glass lid on, stirring few times.
Add ginger and garlic paste, cook for 30 seconds. Add the carved out pieces from the potatoes.
Add tomato paste, turmeric, red chili powder, garam, masala and salt. Cook everything on saute mode for 2 minutes with glass lid on, stirring a couple of times.
With a small spoon, very carefully fill the potatoes with the cooked masala/gravy and line them all in the Instant Pot insert.
Add 1/2 cup of water. Close the Instant Pot, set on Manual at high pressure for 8 minutes. When time is up, quick release the pressure
Blend milk and cashews together to make smooth paste.
Stir in dried fenugreek leaves, cashew paste and chopped cilantro.
Set Instant Pot to saute mode, mix everything together. Add salt to taste. Bring to gentle boil and then turn Instant Pot off.
Serve with hot paratas and enjoy!