Chicken Adobo - Instant Pot
A superb Filipino chicken adobo with onions and garlic cooked in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Low carb and keto.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 - 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 scallions sliced
- cooked white rice or cauliflower rice
- Select the saute mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat.
- Generously season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. When the display reads HOT, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot.
- Add half of the chicken thighs and cook for a few minutes on each side before transferring them to a plate. Repeat for the remaining chicken thighs.
- Turn off the saute mode.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, and cayenne to the pot. Stir well and scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Return all chicken thighs to the pot in a single layer, placing them snugly on top of the onions. Top with bay leaves. Secure and seal the lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure followed by a manual pressure release.
- Uncover and select the saute mode. Boil for about 15 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove the bay leaves. Serve the chicken and sauce, optionally with cooked cauliflower rice.
- Top with sliced scallions.
Nutrition Notes This recipe yields 6.5 g net carbs per serving. Nutrition information doesn't include serving ingredients like rice. Nutrition Facts Per Serving Calories 370; Total Fat 21g 33%; Saturated Fat 1g 5%; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 182mg 61%; Sodium 1540mg 64%; Potassium 10mg 0%; Total Carb 7g 2%; Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%; Sugars 3g