Creamy Broccoli Mac and Cheese - Instant Pot
Making mac and cheese in the Instant Pot is definitely the way to go! It’s unbelievably easy, it’s made in one single pot (hello, easiest clean up ever), and the mac and cheese comes out amazingly creamy! You can’t beat that!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half*
- 12 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Add pasta, butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a 6-qt Instant Pot®. Stir in 4 1/2 cups water.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select high sauté setting. Stir in broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid has reduced, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in Dijon and garlic powder.
- Select warm setting. Stir in milk and half and half until warmed, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in cheese until melted, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.