Instant Pot Whole Chicken Rotisserie Style
This rotisserie style instant pot whole chicken is delicious and a great and simple weeknight meal.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 4-pounds whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Gently loosen the skin from the chicken breast, lifting and separating the skin from the meat with your fingers. Rub about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and about 1/3 (a third) of the seasonings under the skin. Next, rub another tablespoon of olive oil and the rest of the seasoning all over the chicken and chicken cavity.
- Press the Saute function (Normal setting) on the Instant Pot and add the remaining olive oil to the pot.
- Place the chicken in the pot, breast side down and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Using kitchen tongs flip the chicken over and sear for about 5 minutes, or until brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and pour in the chicken broth. Gently scrape the bottom of the instapot with a wooden spoon to remove the brown bits that are stuck at the bottom.
- Place the trivet at the bottom of the pot then lay the chicken on top of trivet, breast side up.
- Cover and seal the pressure cooker. Press the MANUAL or HIGH PRESSURE button and set the timer to 24 minutes (this is for a 4-pounds chicken). **Check the recipe notes for smaller/bigger chickens.
- After the time is up,let the instant pot naturally release for 15 minutes, after that do a quick release for any extra pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot. Serve.
- Optional: Place the chicken under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes for extra crispy skin.
**COOKING TIMES ACCORDING TO WEIGHT: Calculate cooking times by multiplying the number of pounds by 6 minutes. A 3-pound chicken will need 18 minutes of cooking time A 4-pound chicken will need 24 minutes of cooking time A 4.5 pound chicken will need 27 minutes of cooking time A 5-pound chicken will need 30 minutes of cooking time