- Prepare time: 2 mins
- Pressure Cook Time: 3 mins
- Ready in: 10 mins
- Pressure: High
- Release Type: Natural
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- optional spices (cinnamon)
- toppings of your choice (fruits)
- Dump oats into the Instant Pot followed by the water.
- Close the lid and close the vent.
- Press manual and use the arrow buttons to go down to 3 minutes.
- After the oats finish cooling, press the off button or unplug the Instant Pot so the pressure will release naturally.
- After the pressure releases, open the lid and give the oatmeal a good stir. It will probably have extra liquid, this will absorb as it cools.
- Add cinnamon or other additions and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Top oatmeal with fresh fruit of your choice, apples are shown.
This recipe makes about 2-3 servings depending on how hungry you are and how much fruit you add for the toppings.
You can easily double this recipe (no need to change the cooking time) and store it for easy breakfasts all week.
If this is your first time cooking with the Instant Pot it is important to note that it takes a while for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. That means once you start it, it may take 15 minutes for more before it starts cooking. This is normal. After it’s done cooking, it takes time for the pressure to drop.
It is still easier than cooking it on the stove because you have to watch your pot and stir regularly. With the Instant Pot, you can walk away and come back to perfect oatmeal. You may want to start it when you wake up, then come back to it after you’ve gotten ready.
Source: Oatmeal – Instant Pot