Prepare time: 12 min Pressure Cook Time: 12min Ready in: 24 min
Pressure: High Release Type: Quick
A quick and very easy method to prepare the popular Thai Chicken Stew using Instant Pot. With this method, you will be able to achieve restaurant quality taste with less effort.
- 3 pounds boneless chicken (thighs or breasts will work)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups mixed vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- rice, for serving
|1||Add Ingredients: Place the chicken, onion, garlic, in the bowl of an electric pressure cooker|
Add Spices: Pour in the coconut milk, tomato paste, curry paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos, lime juice, salt, and ginger and stir to coat the chicken.
|3||Pressure Cook: Secure the lid and set the machine to Meat/Stew for 10 minutes, or 15 minutes if using frozen chicken; or manual high pressure.|
|4||Release and Serve: When the timer sounds, release the pressure immediately and remove the chicken with tongs. Give it a rough chop then return it to the pot. Add the vegetables to the top. Reseal the lid and set the machine again for 2 minutes. Release the pressure and stir the vegetables into the sauce. Serve garnished with cilantro.|
I used frozen chicken, but fresh would be even better and wouldn’t water the dish down as much. I also used a bag of organic frozen stir-fry vegetables.