- Prepare time: 10 min
- Pressure Cook Time: 12 Hrs
- Release Type: Natural
- Ready in: 12 Hrs
- Pressure: Low
- 4 Wide mouth Pint Jars
- 5 2/3 cups milk whole or reduced fat
- 4 tablespoons sugar all natural
- 4 tablespoons Dry Milk Powder Non-Fat
- 2 cups fruit Chopped
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the trivet at the bottom as well.
- Put 1 1/3 cups of milk in each jar. Place lids of the jars on loosely and place jars into the Instant Pot.
- Press Manual on the Instant Pot and reduce time to 2 minutes. This process scalds the milk killing any pathogens that might be in the milk. After cycle is done, release steam from the Instant Pot and safely remove jars to cool.
- Remove the lids carefully and place jars into cool water to speed up the cooling process.
- Once the milk is below 100 degrees, you can safely add your yogurt culture to the milk. (For A Yogurt Culture buy plain Cultured Yogurt from your grocery store).
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to each jar. Add 1 tablespoon of Non Fat Dry Milk to each jar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Yogurt Culture to each jars and stir up the ingredients until they are mixed well.
- Add 1/2 cup of fresh fruit to each jar. Be careful not to overfill the jars. Leave at least 1/8 inch from the top of each jar.
- Replace lids and rings and place jars back into the Instant Pot . Make sure it still has the 1 1/2 up of water in the bottom the Instant Pot.
- Press the Yogurt cycle on the Instant Pot then increase the time from 8 hours to 12 hours.
- After the cycle is complete place the jars into the refrigerator. Cooling the yogurt down stops the cooking process. Enjoy!
Note:After you make plain yogurt you will now have your own culture to keep your Yogurt making process going! By using the jars this enables you to be able to make plain or different flavors all at the same time.