Prepare time: 10 min Pressure Cook Time: 80 min Release Type: Natural
Ready in: 90 min Pressure: High
- 1 lb raw peanuts in the shell (not roasted)
- 1/3 cup coarse sea salt (if you like your peanuts saltier, you can increase to 1/2 cup)
- Sort through the peanuts, removing any debris. Rinse peanuts well and place into the Instant Pot.
- Add salt to the insert pot.
- Add enough water to cover the peanuts and stir. Keep in mind that they will float, so you will need to place a weight on top of them to keep them submerged. I simply place the trivet that came with the Instant Pot on top of the peanuts, then place a small Pyrex bowl (if you don’t have Pyrex, any heatproof bowl/mug should work) on top of the trivet to keep it weighted down. Be sure to not overfill the Instant Pot–refer to your particular model’s guidelines on maximum fill.
- Lock the lid in place and close the vent. Using the manual setting, cook on high pressure for 80 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, turn the pressure cooker off of the Keep Warm setting and allow the pressure to completely release naturally.