Honey Glazed Herbed Carrots - Instant Pot
A quick and tantalizingly sweet way to serve carrots with just a hint of dill. It's sweet and savory at the same time, and the aroma of thyme and dill will tickle your taste buds.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb fresh baby carrots or carrots cut to a similar 2 inches x 1/2 inch thickness
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter not margarine
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pressure cooker.
- Wash the carrots and place them in a steamer tray. Place the tray in the cooker, using a cooking rack if needed to elevate it above the water level. Lock the lid in place.
- Turn Instant Pot on to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Use the quick release method before opening the lid. Remove carrots and place aside for now.
- Turn Instant Pot onto Saute Mode (medium heat) & melt the butter in . Add the dill and fry a couple of minutes or until the aroma if released. Add salt and honey, stirring to blend.
- Add the cooked carrots and saute, turning gently until they are well coated with the honey mixture and heated through. Serve hot, spooning any remaining honey butter over the carrots