- Prepare time: 5 min
- Pressure Cook Time: 10 min
- Release Type: Quick
- Ready in: 15 min
- Pressure: Natural
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, pounded
- 5 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dry pomegranate powder
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp mango pickle
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp oil
- 5 Potatoes – boiled and cubed
- Switch Instant Pot on Saute mode, when the pot is hot add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add whole spices and let them simmer. Now add the dry spices and mix them well.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp oil and pickle. Mix this mixture well.
- Add the potatoes and coat them well with the spice mix.
- Now close the lid and cancel Saute mode.
- Select Manual mode and set it for 2 minutes.
- When time is done , serve the dish hot with paratha or poori.
Stove Top Method:
1. Add oil in the pan, when warm add whole spices.
2. When spices splutter add the dry spices, mix well.
3. Add the pickle and remaining 2 tbsp oil and mix.
4. Add in potatoes and coat them with the prepared spice mix.
5. Cook for 5-8 minutes till potatoes are cooked.
Boiling Potatoes in Instant Pot:
1. Put potatoes in the main pot and cover them with water.
2. Set it at Manual mode for 12 minutes.